The Infamous Feeling Faces
One of the Friendship Lessons
Bri & I at our finest.. the joy of 'Yard Duty.'
href="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgIi_rZGtaM1UQSSnLstwp-tP3WdhexmFn9W62EvwLNHo_e3scNUhyphenhyphen2mCnFWU6lVwZzWkMQWMrJY8D5oJdkNSb6OjHLKUHD5PzB4BWJRm5Gm5Mv7RxnLonw4QAbB8-DOOUUF77hNQAao7s/s1600-h/image001.jpg">

It was a good week at school. The hustle and bustle of the first few weeks of school is beginning to die down. We have still been doing a fair number of “Learning to Learn” activities; these are fun get to know you type lessons. I’ve actually taught a handful of these. I taught one on Tuesday, introducing the kids to feeling faces (happy, sad, angry, excited, ect). They really liked this lesson, it was interactive! I made puppets for each face and also had the kids demonstrate each face. One girl liked the activity so much she asked Abby if she could take the puppets home. The ‘learning to learn’ activities have been fun but the teachers are ready to get into the “real” teaching, this should start up strong next week. I also taught a couple ‘learning to learn’ lessons on friendship. One lesson friendship lesson was teaching Venn diagrams and the other, a writing lesson where the kids wrote a recipe about friendship The recipes were so adorable and sweet, for example, “1 box of love, 2 tablespoons of laughter, 3 cups of happiness, and 1000 sprinkles of secrets.” I also taught another writing lesson plan about what happened over the weekend. I’ve been teaching a lot in the classroom, and I won’t be surprised if I continue to teach even more (I think Bri & Abby are enjoying having me around.) So far, so good… I hope the confidence and effectiveness continues. On Thursday both Junior B and Junior L had the opportunity to make potato/ vegetable people, I had the privilege of cutting all the vegetables. The students really enjoyed this activity; the creativity was most certainly brought to life here. I learned a lot from Bri and Abby about preparing and organizing such a task as this. I respect and admire of all the planning they put into each week, they really go the extra mile and trust me, and it pays off for things to go as smoothly as they do. Bri and Abby don’t leave the classroom each day unless they are ready for the next day, what a great philosophy. On Friday, Bri, Abby, two other teachers, and I got to leave during the lunch hour and go into Highton for lunch. This was such a treat, it came at the perfect time, and we all enjoyed our lunch break at 63 Degrees. After lunch we just played kickball with the kids and called it a week, and it was a WEEK. Thankful for the weekend!!
The Bushfire tragedy continues here. We all feel like it has been going on for over a week because it is being talked about everywhere 24/7, it is emotionally draining. Jen gave all of her profits on Friday to the Bushfire funds. Next week at Bellaire we will be having fundraiser activities every day. I am excited about the casual dress day Monday and also the Junior Disco Wednesday! Praise God for people coming together, helping hands, and generous spirits.
Hooray for Bri & Abbi and for all the things you are learning from them. They are so good to guide you and to be willing to allow you to teach so much. You will always remember their organization and dedication to their profession. Wonderful role models...you were placed in the perfect setting!
ReplyDeleteOh, and great pictures Mobs... Where is the one of your painting?
ReplyDeleteLove you,
Mom