Thursday, January 29, 2009

1/29/09: Thursday


Today has been a nice day. A good day at school- the hottest day on record ever in Geelong. 45 degrees Celsius- quite the scorcher—even the “breeze” took your breath away. I enjoyed bonding more with the teachers today and also the social hour at the pub in Geelong. We went to the Barking Dog and most of all of the staff from Bellaire was able to attend—I am so thankful for the close-knit sociable community. I got a razzberry lemonade--- it was refreshing! Bri gave me a ride home in her blue subaru outback- we are practically the same age so I am thankful to be under her wing- the only difference is that she is married!


I enjoyed eating dinner on the porch outside with the family tonight. Jeff helped me understand my surroundings as we looked out into the horizon. The ocean and coast is not far, the farm is not far, and an inactive volcano chain is not far… just over the hills. I can’t wait for a good sunset. I also look forward to exploring these surroundings!!

1 comment:

  1. Mobley,
    This is going great. As soon as you get your new camera you can post some pictures. I am going to go ahead and pass this site along to my friends so that they can follow you without me sending them your emails. I can clearly picture everything you are saying...makes it real for me!
    It's about 42 degrees here...not like Geelong at all. You are covered with prayers and support from home. I am so thankful for being able to talk to you each morning (night time for you).
    Love you to the moon and back,
    Mom

    ReplyDelete